(PCM) Morley, Hollywood’s favorite brand of counterfeit cigarettes, has a rather fascinating history. The brand first appeared on the big screen in Alfred Hitchcock’s film Psycho in 1960. Since then, Hollywood has paid tribute to the brand with countless references in the history of television and film.
Morley’s has appeared in several television shows, movies, and video games that have nothing to do with each other except for the use of the trademark. The cigarettes in the Morley sample were packaged in the same way as Marlboro cigarettes and were even given their name in reference to the Marlboro cigarette’s nickname.
This infamous brand is mentioned in the first episodes of The Dick Van Dyke Show and The Twilight Zone, as well as later episodes such as Friends, The X-Files and The Walking Dead.
In The X-Files, Morleys are the villain’s favorite brand in the series The Cigarette Smoking Man, and in The Walking Dead they are mentioned several times as Dale’s Cigarette Choice (RIP), Carol finds a pack of Morleys on a dead walker in Alexandria, and a pack of Morley Lights is found by Daryl in an abandoned office building.
Morley’s also appears in Buffy The Vampire Slayer as the favorite cigarette brand of Spike, the network vampire. Among the many horror-themed series, Morley’s also appears in episodes of the hit American series Burn Notice, in which the lead actor Michael Weston and his mother both smoke Morley’s. They are used by George Costanza in an episode of Seinfeld and even appear in an episode of Friends where it is revealed that Rachel used to smoke. There’s also a link to Malcolm in the middle and Breaking Bad.
Other series that have aired include ER, Prison Break, Beverly Hills 90210, Heroes, The 70s Show, Weeds and American Horror Story, just to name a few. They also play important roles in the films Mission Impossible, Platoon, Prozac Nation and Haist.
Hollywood has used many fake brands and companies over the past year, but we haven’t found one that came close to the number of references to Morley cigarettes in pop culture.
The folks at Cultfaction.com have compiled an amazing list of numerous appearances of the Morley cigarette in the history of television and film, see below :
- 200 cigarettes: Lucy (Courtney Love) gives Morley Kevin (Paul Rudd) a pack of cigarettes.
- 24 : Episode 8×06, Jack Bauer poses as a German customer and smokes a light Morley cigarette.
- Afroman: (Because I had a very positive remix) Sitting on a motorized bench, we see a man smoking and holding a pack of Morleys before smoking a joint, dropping the cigarette behind him and dropping the pack because he’s high.
- American horror story: The birth of Violet (Taissa Farmiga) is seen with a pack of Morley lights at the kitchen table.
- Becker: Episode 2×12 Santa Claus on Ice Becker smokes a light Morley cigarette.
- Break the bad stuff: In the last season of Morley’s, several characters were smoked out.
- Beverly Hills, 90210: Brenda Walsh came back from Paris with a tobacco addiction. His parents found out when a packet of Morleys fell out of his handbag.
- Broken Saints: Raimi’s character buys a pack of Morley cigarettes in this online cartoon. William B. Davis of The X-Files is part of the cast, but Brooke Burgess, creator of Shattered Saints, confirmed that Morley’s cigarettes were part of the original WELL series before Bill’s arrival – but he liked the wink just as much.
- Brooklyn rules: Three boys find a dead body in a convertible near the 5 minute mark of the film; one of the boys steals Morley’s backpack from the dashboard of the car.
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Spike (James Marsters) smokes Morley’s cigarettes.
- Burn Notice: In Season 2, Episode 5 Scatter Point, the protagonist Michael scatters cigarette butts outside the roof door and places an empty pack of Morleys in the frame of the roof door. He also auditions for the Morley pack in season 3, episode 4 of Fearless Leader. In episode 4 of season 11, Maddie can be seen throwing Morley’s box into her suitcase as she prepares for her trip. In episode BN505, Square is alone, posing as the crooks Jesse and Fiona, extorting a crate of Morleys from the bodega, along with security tapes.
- California: Hank (David Duchovny) often smokes Morley cigarettes, and this is evident in many episodes, especially in the fourth episode of season 2 (raw and cooked food), where they are left on the patio table at the end of the episode. You’ll also see them in season 5, episode 4 at the beginning next to your smartphone. This is an inside joke, referring to the Spiritual Age in the X-Files, where the smoker smoked this brand.
- Case closed: In the Plan episode of this CBS series, Jerry Morleys smokes, and the pack can be seen during the interrogation scene where Detective Nick Vera takes the cigarette from Jerry’s hand, which is burned to his fingers. Additionally, in the Sleepover episode, Tiffany smokes Morleys (light brown wrapper instead of the traditional red) when she is questioned by Detective Valens.
- Criminal Mindset: In de Northern Mammon aflevering leidde een pakje Morley sigarettenpeuken ertoe dat het FBI team de voetbalcoach die Morley sigaretten rookte ervan verdacht een van zijn sterspelers te stalken omdat zijn DNA op de peuken zat. Na analyse van de beelden van de aflevering blijkt dat het pakje sigaretten dat de coach vasthoudt eigenlijk een pakje Marlboro is en niet het fictieve pakje Morley.
- CSI: NEW YORK: In Episode Boo (Seizoen 4, Episode 6), Morley’s gerookte sigaret wordt gevonden op de plaats delict in een voodoo pop.
- Hoe dan ook, het is mogelijk: In 1992 kocht Will Hayes (Ryan Reynolds) de Morleys voor $3,20 toen hij in New York aankwam, klagend dat ze in Wisconsin $2,60 kostten.
- Epicentre (2000) : Aan het begin van de film heeft het personage van Nick Constantine een pakje Morleys in zijn aktetas. Ambulance: In de aflevering After the Fix ontdekt Dr. Mark Green (Anthony Edwards) een pakje Morleys met een condoom erin terwijl hij de kamer van Rachels dochter doorzoekt.
- Iedereen haat Chris: Episode 1×20 Morley’s doos wordt achter in de auto verkocht.
- Freddie zou boos worden: Gord (Tom Green) is te zien in een scène waarin hij een pakje Morley rookt.
- Fraser: Seizoen 7 Episode 19 Morning Becomes Fun Bebe pakt een pakje Morleys uit haar tas en vraagt Fraser of hij het erg vindt.
- Friends: Chandler was seen with a pack of those cigarettes in the episode of The One Where Rachel Smokes.
- I went home: The bag is on the top shelf in Sam’s locker.
- Gan Shai: During the police meeting, a pack of Morley cigarettes is placed on the meeting table in front of Charlie’s silhouette.
- Hero: In episode 3×03, One of Us, one of them, Meredith, Claire Bennet’s biological mother, tries to start a fire in the Bennet’s house before Sandra Bennet asks her not to smoke in the house.
- Grineple Road House (1970) : The hero steals Morley’s pack of cigarettes from the police station counter.
- Jake 2.0: A terrorist disguises a powerful explosive in a pack of Morley cigarettes and demonstrates its incredible power by blowing up a swampy area in the Philippines.
- Joy Ride 2: Dead Ahead: Rusty Nail (Mark Gibbon) smokes Morley cigarettes when he buys them at the store opening.
- Reviewed by Amy: In season 3 episode 15, a teenager sues the Morley company for causing his emphysema.
- Justified: In an episode of Riverbrook Squadron, a group of escaped convicts rob a convenience store. We shoot a gun in the store and blow up a rack of Morley cigarette cartons.
- Killer instinct: In the episode Game Over, Morley’s cigarettes appear in the office of Lieutenant Matt Cavanaugh, played by Chi McBride.
- Lost it: In Flash Sideways of the LA X episode (6×01), we see Rose Nadler on the plane, holding a magazine advertising Morley cigarettes.
- The L word: In season 5 of Moonlight Cycle, we see a pack of Morley cigarettes on the coffee table while Shane and Jenny are on the couch together.
- Malcolm in the middle: A pack of Morley cigarettes is one of the things Malcolm’s mother hid in the first episode of season 10. And in episode 4 of season 19, Malcolm plays chess with Leonard (Jason Alexander). Leonard is trying to pay off his debt with a bunch of Morleys.
- Mannix: In the episode All Around the Money Tree, Joe Mannix opens his suitcase and discovers a pair of Morleys in white tutus.
- Medium: In the episode Have and Hold (season 4, episode 3), a character smokes a Morley cigarette. In the episode The First Bite Is the Deepest (season 5, episode 17), Allison Dubois brings Cynthia Keener a bag of snacks, candy and Morley cigarettes when she visits her in prison.
- The middle: In Episode Map (season 3, episode 13), Francis brings Aunt Edie a pack of Morley cigarettes.
- Millennium: In The Time is Now, Peter Watts discovers Morley’s heel in the Millennium Group’s mysterious basement – a reference to the smoker from The X-Files. Chris Carter created both series.
- Mission: That’s not possible: The Morleys appear in the original television series, and several characters are seen with them. One particular episode of 2×07 Operation Heart shows the character Barbara Bain using a handkerchief to remove a package from the table (about 20 minutes in).
- A series of murders: Matt Helm uses a cigarette dart to take out the guard. He now leaves an empty pack of Morley’s cigarettes at the station with a warning that smoking can be harmful to your health….
- Murder one: Defense attorney James Stamphill appears, smoking Morleys while lying down and talking into a primitive tape recorder dictating notes on the case. The tutu exhibited by Morleys is an antique model (based on a 1930s film set), as opposed to Morleys’ more common modern-style tutu.
- The Naked City: Season 2, Episode 21 Tombstone for Forsaken (April 5, 1961) begins with four young men, led by Baldwin Larn (Robert Redford), surrounding an abandoned compound on a remote road. Larn offers him a cigarette, and when the homeless man turns to get a light from one of Larn’s companions, Larn stabs the homeless man in the back and drops him on the corpse. When Inspector Flint (Paul Burke) and his colleagues arrived on the scene to investigate, they found a packet of cigarettes that was almost Morley brand – a clue. This first appearance of Morley cigarettes in black and white shows a packet of cigarettes with the image of an Etruscan horse as the brand symbol, as well as the initial and final letters of Morley in lower case and the middle letters in upper case.
- Nash Bridges: In episode 420 of Power Play, Morlis appears on a table in the outlaw’s house.
- New Amsterdam: In Love Hurts (season 1, episode 8), the suspect in the interrogation room is about to set Morley on fire. John Amsterdam takes it from him and says: Smoking is not allowed.
- Orange Is The New Black – Season eleven, episode eleven Tall Men With Feelings * Pornstalker pulls morality to himself and tries to set his ass on fire.
- External Borders : In New Life (season 7, episode 3), Jacob tries to smuggle two boxes of Morley on the bus. In the episode Falling Star (season 2, episode 19), Terry McCammon (who is possessed by a time traveler) throws Morley’s package on the bed.
- Prison Break: In Big Bay (season 2, episode 11), T-Bag retrieves Morley’s package from a bag in Jiri’s apartment.
- Prozac Nation: A character played by Christina Ricci smokes Morley cigarettes in the film adaptation of Elizabeth Wurtzel’s autobiographical work, Prozac Nation. Ricci plays the role of a young writer who sometimes uses empty cigarette packs as scrap metal.
- Psycho: At the end of the film, psychiatrist Dr. Fred Richman, played by Simon Oakland, explains what really happened and shakes a cigarette out of Morley’s pack. This film was released on the 16th. in June 1960, making it the first known appearance of the Morley brand.
- Push the daisies: In Season 2 episode of Bad Habits, the Morley’s Box is seen in a closet full of contraband in the bedroom of Mariah’s sister Christina.
- Mower: In the second season finale of Devil and Sam Oliver, Mary Pat, a bank teller, holds a pack of Morley’s before going outside to smoke next to the LP gas tanks.
- S. Darko: The boy is wearing Morley’s tutu up his left sleeve.
- Save Grace: In the second episode of the season, This is Fierce, White, Mighty Love, lead actress Grace Morley gets information from a suspect while investigating him.
- Shameless: Fiona throws Lipa a box of Morleys in season two, episode three.
- Sorbet: The eponymous detective Sherbet Lock from the American comic strip Sherbet reveals in the new Milk that she and missing child Belinda Darwin both prefer Morley brand cigarettes.
- Seinfeld: In the seventh final season of Invitations, George Costanza Morley tries to brag to his fiancée Susan Ross in hopes that she will cancel their upcoming wedding.
- Dirty Lives: Series: In the first episode of the season of Pills, Poison, and Penis Cigarettes, Morley is touted on a sign in the convenience store where Vera works.
- Location: Upstairs and out: In the episode, the main character, Ray Butts, has a package at the beginning of the episode.
- Special Unit 2 : In the episode Grain, a housewife under the influence of the Sandman robs a corner store and demands all the money and a pack of Morleys.
- Spy game
- Distortion : In episode 11, season 1, Zach Goodweather Morley finds cigarettes on the floor of a ransacked grocery store, looking for cigarettes for Mariela Martinez.
- Systemic shock 2 : Morley’s cigarette packs are part of the game. Essentially useless, when they smoke, they make the player’s character lose his health.
- The ’70s show: In the episode Eric gets suspended, Red Forman asks Eric Forman to smoke an entire pack of Morleys after being caught with a cigarette at school.
- The end of the world: Gary smokes Morleys throughout the film, which is best seen after the fight scene with the twins.
- All night long: In I Can’t Quit You (season 2, episode 9), Chris finds it hard to resist the urge to buy a pack of cigarettes in a supermarket where Morlis is behind the counter.
- The Walking Dead: In Save the Last One (season 2, episode 3), Dale plans to smoke a cigarette while standing on the roof of his RV. In Consumed (season 5, episode 6), Daryl finds a box of Morley headlight bags on the floor next to Noah, who is stuck under a shelf.
- Warehouse 13: In season four of Those You Love, Mrs. Frederick and Steve Jinks the library (a secret room in the Vatican). On the table is a pack of Morley cigarettes that had been left behind four months ago.
- The weed: In the third episode of the season, Brick Dance, Conrad asks Heylia about Morley smoking, something she hasn’t done in years.
- X-Files: The cigarette smoker, played by William B. Davis, smokes this fictional brand, as does Agent Monica Reyes. The X-Files are probably the most famous use of Morley cigarettes. In Brand X, Mulder and Scully visit the headquarters of Morley Tobacco after the murder of an employee.
where to buy morley cigarettes, are morley cigarettes real, what are morley cigarettes made of, can you buy morley cigarettes, morley cigarettes price, morley cigarettes prop, sketch movie cigarette name, how to make fake cigarettes for movies